ACE Advocates: What We Do
- Created on Tuesday, 23 November 2010 16:05
The ACE Advocates movement exists to win friends to the mission of Catholic schools, to prepare members spiritually and professionally to be agents of change in Catholic education, and to organize and mobilize members to have a lasting impact on children, families, communities, the nation, and the Church by championing Catholic schools.
We keep members apprised of the latest news in Catholic education.
- New research articulating the value of a quality Catholic education
- Updates and innovations from Catholic schools across the country
- Email action alerts to help members advocate for Catholic schools in the public policy arena
- Inspiring stories of individual "Catholic School Champions"
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Online news updates
We provide avenues for individual members to engage with other Catholic school supporters.
- Actively updated Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Membership and social networking through our website
- Regular service, networking, and fundraising events for local schools across the country through our regional network
- Job board highlights available positions in Catholic education
We promote leadership development on behalf of Catholic schools by sponsoring opportunities for professional and spiritual formation.
- Regional retreats and days of recollection across the country through our regional network
- An annual summer forum on a "hot-button" issue related to Catholic education
- Advocates for Parental Choice Symposium offered each summer
- Master teacher development initiative
- Preparation seminars for Catholic school boards and board members
- Connections to professional development opportunities and school services available through the larger ACE organization
- Annual summit of regional leaders for strategic conversations and leadership development
- Annual Michael Pressley Award for Excellence in Catholic Education
- Special retreats for graduates of ACE's Service Through Teaching program and their parents
We provide members with access to a variety of practical resources, however they may choose to advocate for Catholic schools.
- A full set of retreat resources on a new spiritual theme each year
- Fact sheets on parental choice, the case for Catholic schools, and strategies for recruiting Latino families to Catholic schools
- Resource-sharing opportunities for educators and parents
- Published compilations of spiritual reflections written by members
- Collections of resources for personal and community spiritual development, from prayer services to favorite books to full retreats