ACE Teaching Fellows ResponsibilitiesWhat is entailed in becoming a Melody Family ACE Teaching Fellow?
- For the three-year term of the Fellowship, Teaching Fellows define a focus area for their professional development. Their goal is to develop expertise in these areas of specialty by research and implementing best instructional practices.
- Each Fellow's focus area should be related to a particular need not only in the teacher's individual classroom, but in the school more broadly
- Applicants are encouraged to propose a focus area that is broad enough to sustain three years of study, but specific enough that expertise can be developed within those three years.
- Fellows dedicate themselves to continued service as full-time teachers in their current schools throughout the three years of the Fellowship.
- With the guidance of a mentor on the ACE faculty, Fellows develop individualized plans of professional development and action research. Fellows communicate at least once monthly with their mentor and log their progress in an online portfolio.
- Fellows commit to sharing their findings and growing as educational leaders.
- Beginning in year one, they leverage their growing knowledge to lead improvement efforts in their schools related to their chosen areas of specialty.
- In subsequent years, Fellows build relationships through the ACE network, regionally and nationally, to help other teachers and schools meet similar profesional development and school-improvement goals.
- Fellows work with their mentor to prepare deliverables based on their study, such as teacher workshops, conference presentations, webinars, blogs, and articles for publication.
- Teaching Fellows homepage
- What support is offered through the Melody Family ACE Teaching Fellowship?
- What is the timeline for application and acceptance?
- How do I apply?
- For any other questions, please contact Meghann Kirzeder, program coordinator, at 574-631-7804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.