The position is scheduled to begin June 5, 2017 and to end August 6, 2017, though the timeline may be adjusted to accommodate the selected intern’s schedule. The AICSN Intern is expected to work 40 hours per week. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter plus a list of references to Will Newkirk at . The priority deadline to apply for this is February 14, 2018 though applications will be considered after this date until the role is filled.
- Assist the AICSN Executive Director & Associate Director in the following tasks:
- Updating Network and partner school websites
- Writing news stories related to Network and partner school events
- Planning and executing AICSN professional development meetings
- Progress-monitoring & reporting for AICSN grant:
- Expense tracking and budget reporting for grant funds
- Data collection
- Conducting needs assessments
- Attend monthly Network (virtual) meetings with representatives from partner schools
- Attend the AICSN Summer Professional Development Meeting at the University of Notre Dame (Jul 30 – Aug 2, 2018).
- Serve as a collaborative thought partner in determining Network needs and future directions.
- Work independently on long term and short term projects that serve Network school needs. Projects might require knowledge of graphic design, video editing, data analysis, coding, or original research methods.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by AICSN Director.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Undergraduate students enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with the entire AICSN team.
- Interested in education, non-profit administration, social justice, and the challenges facing Indigenous peoples.