Enroll in our professional development learning modules and grow your expertise. The six modules are an excellent way to learn effective strategies and practices for serving English learners. The modules are perfect for individual educators, whole-school faculty, and administrators.
- Online professional development modules integrate research, videos, and instructional strategies that spotlight how to support the unique needs of English learners and improve instruction for all the students in a classroom.
- Each of the six online modules is interactive, self-paced, and designed to reflect two hours of continuing professional development units. Participation can lead to a total of 12 hours of continuing education credits. Completion certificates are mailed in May, but may be requested earlier in the year.
- The total cost for participation in the six-module unit is $300 per educator. Title II and III funds may be used to fund participation. We recommend checking with your local LEA to confirm eligibility.
- The modules will be delivered through the Sakai learning platform, and will open on August 1, 2021 and will close on May 31, 2022. You may join at any time.
- Personalize the modules with three guided Zoom discussions led by the ENL team (for an additional fee of $1,500). Zoom calls may be integrated into faculty or professional learning community (PLC) meetings, or serve as stand-alone conversations.
- Title II and III funds may be used to fund participation. We recommend checking with your local LEA to confirm eligibility.
Topics addressed include:
- What Research Has Taught Us about ELLs
- Understanding Language Acquisition and Creating Linguistically-Rich Classrooms
- Instructional Strategies and Technology
- Vocabulary Development
- Leveraging Culture as an Asset
- Literacy Development