- Teachers learn and collaborate safely through a blend of online modules and guided live discussions.
- Online professional development modules integrate research, videos, and instructional strategies that spotlight how to support the unique needs of English learners and improve instruction for all the students in a classroom.
- Each of the six online modules is interactive, self-paced, and designed to reflect two hours of professional development.
- Guided, live, Zoom discussions lead by the ENL team can be integrated into faculty or professional learning community (PLC) meetings, or serve as stand-alone conversations.
- Online tracking and discussion forum participation is used to determine module completion, which can lead to a total of 12 hours of continuing education credits.
- Completion certificates are mailed in May, but may be requested earlier in the year.
Topics addressed include:
- What Research Has Taught Us about ELLs
- Understanding Language Acquisition and Creating Linguistically-Rich Classrooms
- Instructional Strategies and Technology
- Vocabulary Development
- Leveraging Culture as an Asset
- Literacy Development
The modules will be delivered through the Sakai learning platform from August 1, 2020 - May 31, 2021.
- The total cost for participation in the six-module unit is $300 per teacher. Contact us to learn about school discounts (, 574-631-2554)
- Title II and III funds may be used to fund participation. (We recommend checking with your local LEA to confirm eligibility.)
- For an additional $1,500 schools may schedule a series of 3 guided, interactive video conversations with the ENL team to extend learning. These 60 minute follow-up conversations are great for faculty meetings or PLC conversations.