The Alliance for Catholic Education’s (ACE’s) Higher-Powered Learning Program is a three-year program guiding teachers and school leaders through the implementation of excellent and sustainable blended-learning programs. Three to five schools from the Twin Cities will be selected to participate as a cohort and each school will create a Blended Learning Advancement and Strategy Team (BLAST), comprised of the school leader(s) and two to four teachers, to lead the higher-powered learning initiative at their schools.
For BLAST members, the Higher-Powered Learning Program includes 4-7 days of professional development each year as well as coaching calls, professional learning communities, and guided projects throughout the course of the program. This intensive professional development and support will empower the BLASTs to implement school-wide blended-learning programs by the end of the program.
Interested schools will submit an online application and finalists will be selected for onsite interviews.
Schools will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Creation of BLAST and adherence to BLAST requirements (below)
- NWEA MAP Testing 3x/year
- 1-2 blended learning professional development days in school years 2 and 3
- 1-3 blended learning professional development days in summers 2 and 3
- 1-2 blended learning faculty meetings per semester
- At least 15 minutes of collaborative data review each week
- Daily 90-minute instructional blocks for reading and math
- One Chromebook for every two students in the school (at least) with a charging cart in each classroom
- Sufficient infrastructure for robust online learning
- Willingness to participate in Notre Dame research
- Your school will: meet 100% of its goals for blended learning, established and monitored with guidance from ACE throughout the program.
- Your students will: achieve 125% of projected growth in math, reading, and language according to NWEA MAP assessments.
- Your students will: demonstrate increased agency, engagement, and satisfaction, according to surveys and interviews conducted by the ACE team.
- Your teachers will: experience high levels of support and empowerment, according to surveys and interviews conducted by the ACE team.
ACE is the premier organization serving Catholic schools in the United States and abroad. Since 1993, ACE has established itself as the leader in school transformation. Though blended learning is an emerging field, ACE has established itself as an authority in this space as well by successfully implementing blended-learning programs in ten Catholic schools over the past four years. Furthermore, ACE has developed expertise in a wide range of other aspects of educational excellence and evaluation that make ACE's blended-learning approach uniquely comprehensive.
Subsbcribe to our newsletter list to receive updates on ACE's Blended Learning Initiatives and a free copy of our resource guide, Learning More about Blended Learning: Read, Watch, Explore.