Catholic Schools in Northeast to Attend Second Regional LEI
In the fall of 2016, the Alliance for Catholic Education’s Latino Enrollment Institute (LEI) hit the road for the first time, offering the three-day Mid-Atlantic LEI at DeSales University in Center Valley, Pennsylvania. This year, in partnership with the Diocese of Providence, we will offer the New England LEI to 25 Catholic schools, representing the (Arch)Dioceses of Boston, Bridgeport, Fall River, Hartford, Manchester, Norwich, Providence, and Springfield-in-Massachusetts. The program will be held at the Aldrich Mansion in Warwick, Rhode Island, October 2-4, 2017.
Similar to the summer institute on campus, the New England LEI will feature presentations and discussions led and facilitated by school leaders and with demonstrated success in developing innovative Latino outreach programs. It will offer strategies and best practices intended to boost Latino enrollment in Catholic schools and to better serve Latino families once they enroll. Among the topics of focus are:
- Developing a deeper understanding of Latino cultures and traditions
- Building intercultural competency and what that means for your school
- Enlisting faculty, staff, and parents to reach out personally to Latino families and invite them to Catholic schools
- How to think about development - cultivating and maintaining private and corporate donors
- Instructional strategies for teaching English language learners
- Bright spots - a look at specific schools that provide an ideal "witness to the possible" with regards to Latino outreach
We look forward to this exciting opportunity to extend the reach of the LEI to a greater number of schools in the New England region.
If you think your school would be a good candidate to attend the LEI on campus at the University of Notre Dame in the summer of 2018, please visit ace.nd.edu/LEI to learn more. The application period will open in mid-October.