ENL Online Professional Development Modules
As we begin another school year, the Alliance for Catholic Education’s English as a New Language Program (ENL) is offering a new resource designed to help Catholic school leaders better serve their culturally and linguistically diverse students.
The ENL Online Professional Development Modules blend research, videos, and instructional strategies that spotlight how to support the unique needs of this growing population of learners. This is an excellent learning opportunity for your whole school community. Each of the six online modules is interactive, self-paced, and designed to reflect two hours of professional development.
Topics addressed in the modules include:
- Module 1: What Research Has Taught Us about ELLs
- Module 2: Understanding Language Acquisition and Creating Linguistically-Rich Classrooms
- Module 3: Instructional Strategies and Technology
- Module 4: Vocabulary Development
- Module 5: Leveraging Culture as an Asset
- Module 6: Literacy Development
The modules, which are delivered through the Sakai learning platform, are available from August 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018.
The total cost for participation in the six-module unit is $300 per teacher. Title II and III funds may be used to fund participation.
The deadline for registering for modules is October 31st.