Pursuing Achievement Through Higher Education (PATH) Tucson is dedicated to shepherding students on the path to and through college and to heaven by accompanying them on their educational journeys. We team with the schools to provide the tools our children need to develop strong character and deepen their spirituality through each stage of their education.
- All children are created in the image and likeness of God and were made for greatness.
- All children deserve to be the ones to decide for themselves how much and what type of education they will obtain.
- There exists an opportunity gap in our country when it comes to college access.
- Students of color, students of immigrant families, and students of low socioeconomic means are severely underrepresented in 2- and 4-year colleges.
- Knowing that there are likely to be societal and/or systemic hurdles on our children’s path to and through college, we aim to prevent, prepare for, and provide support in navigating these challenges.
We accomplish this mission through three pillars: Prevention, Preparation, and Support
College Persistence Classes
- Weekly in-school courses for middle school scholars on developmentally appropriate hard and soft skills needed en route to higher education (ex. organizational skills, calculating GPA, choosing the best fit high school, etc.)
PATH Summer Program
- Optional 3-summer commitment for rising 7th - rising 9th graders to experience dynamic academic enrichment, character formation, and college preparation with college students are their teachers!
Summer Immersion Program (ND SIP)
- Week long immersion experience at the University of Notre Dame for rising 9th-grade students
- Classes with college professors
- Community and leadership building
Graduate Persistence Support (GPS)
- Transition support (academic and social)
- Diagnosing challenges
- College guidance (test prep, applications, decisions,
- financial aid)
- Socio-emotional support
- Family support
Where We Serve
PATH (Tucson) serves current students and alumni of Santa Cruz and St. John the Evangelist Catholic Schools. The PATH Summer Experience is hosted at St. Augustine Catholic High School.
Interested in getting involved with PATH? Learn more or reach out to .