Virtual Professional Development
Notre Dame's ENL team offers a customizable PD experience in an entirely virtual format. These sessions integrate theory and practical strategies, ensuring that educators feel equipped to meet the needs of multicultural and multilingual students.
Virtual PD sessions blend keynote presentations, led by a team of national ENL experts, with dynamic breakout room conversations, and practical application of research-based strategies. Educators leave with a strong foundational understanding of the unique academic needs and gifts of ELs, a common framework for how to best meet these needs, and the technical skills necessary to ensure that English learners thrive.
Let Notre Dame's ENL team ease the burden of planning professional development. The team will seamlessly execute PD for you and your staff, with all materials, pre- and post-surveys, and logistical planning included.
Prospective Workshop Topics
- Understanding the Process of Second Language Acquisition
- Debunking Myths and Misconceptions about English Learners
- Planning Instruction for English Learners
- Promoting Reading Comprehension
- Fostering Language Learning in the Content Areas (math, science, social studies, religion)
- Building Robust Academic Vocabulary Skills
- Bolstering Writing Skills
- Celebrating Home Language and Culture to Enrich Learning
- Spanish 101
Options and Funding
- Half-day Virtual PD
2.5 hours of formation | $2,500
- Full-day Virtual PD
5 hours of formation | $5,000
Schools have been successful in securing and allocating Title funding to underwrite the cost of professional development sessions.