- Men and Women will live in Alumni Hall (#1029 on the campus map).
- Go to Home Under the Dome to fill out your housing contract.
- You will receive an email with your roommate(s) and room assignments in the coming weeks.
- You will live with someone in ACE 25 and may have ACE 24 roommates as well if you are in a quad. Those of you who are new to Notre Dame will likely be placed with current ND students to offer help to you in learning the campus.
Moving Into the Dorms: Friday, June 1st 8:30AM - 5:00PM
- Drive to campus via Notre Dame Avenue and proceed to Main Circle. If you are facing the Dome, Alumni Hall is located to the left of Main Circle.
- Follow the signs in your dorm to find the Hall Manager. S/he will give you your room key and will check you into your room.
- Please move your car to the D6 Parking Lot and be ready to meet with the rest of your ACE cohort for mass at 5:30PM. (D6 is the largest student parking lot located to the west of the Rockne Memorial - #1039 on the campus map).
- You do not need to have a car in the summer. Typically, people will carpool to their summer practicum schools.
- For those who are bringing a car, you can register for a pass once you arrive at ND or online using the steps below.
- If your car was registered for the 2017-2018 academic year, then you do not need to register your car again.
Please follow the steps below to register your car with Notre Dame Security Police (NDSP).
- Log onto insideND using your NetID and Password.
- Click on the “Student Life” tab.
- Scroll down the page and click on “iNDcars.”
- Follow the on screen directions to register your car.
- Your student account will be temporarily charged a registration fee.
- You will pick up your parking pass from NDSP at Hammes Mowbray Hall.
* Identify yourself as an ACE Graduate Student for registration charge removal
* You will need to present your Notre Dame student ID card.
Class Schedule and Online Information
- Information on Summer courses and textbooks can be found here.
- On Sunday, June 3rd, you will receive your complete schedule detailing your classes and sections. You will also receive access information for the online ACE summer calendar and important documents.
- Activate net id (if you did not attend and graduate from ND in spring 2016).
First Week of Class
- Classes begin Monday, June 4th at 8:30am with an all-ACE 25 class at Remick Commons in Visitation Hall from 8:30-10am.
- You will not participate in your morning practicum teaching for the first two weeks; you will only take M.Ed. courses.
- The first week, classes start at 8:30am every day. Plan for a lunch break around noon and a dinner break before evening classes. During the first week, there are several sections of evening classes--some run from 6pm -7:55pm, and the others from 8-9:55pm.
Summer Daily Mass: Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs @ 9pm
- Mass is offered Monday – Thursday evening throughout the summer.
- Masses will take place at 9pm in Dillon Hall Chapel.
- Attendance is optional, but for many in ACE, Mass becomes a great way to end a busy day.
- If you are interested in playing music, singing for Mass, or becoming a reader or Eucharistic minister, you will be able to sign up at Opening Retreat and over the course of the first week in the ACE office.
Storage Needs for ND Seniors
- Please be aware that you will not be able to move into your summer dorm room before Friday, June 1st. If you are on campus, you may be able to ask your own rector to allow temporary storage in your dorm. Perhaps a group of you can share storage in one room. In the past, some ACE teachers have pooled resources and rented a storage locker off campus, and others have stored belongings in an off-campus apartment.
Costs during the ACE Summer
- All meals, housing, and parking are covered by ACE.
- You will need to pay for your textbooks (which can be around $400 and must be ordered online) and your social expenses.
- ACE can provide a $500 interest free loan to be repaid over one year if needed. Contact Janet Swain (574-631-2376) if you are interested in receiving the loan.
Packing for this Summer
- There is NO air conditioning in Alumni Hall. Bring FANS!!!
- Linens!!! You will need to bring your own sheets, pillows, blankets, etc.
- Towels and washcloths, shampoo, toiletry items
- Casual clothing & professional attire (ties for the gentlemen) for your student teaching practicum experience
- Professional attire for Commencement Mass and the Missioning Mass
- You will have access to computer labs on campus, but ACE teachers have found it helpful at times to have their personal computers and/or printers
- Shower caddy and shower shoes- All the dorms have communal bathrooms
- Office supplies, paper, notebooks, folders- anything you will need for class (These will all be available at the ND Bookstore or area stores.)
- Mini-fridge, TVs, Electronics- These are not required, but you may want to work out who will bring these extras with your roommates. It is helpful to contact your roommates in advance.
- If you forget something, South Bend has all of the normal chain stores- Target, Wal-Mart, etc. All are less than 15 minutes from campus.
Packing for the School Year
- Most of you should contact your community members (or the ACE 23 teachers who are currently at your site, if you are in a self-contained community) to get a good sense of what is at the site and what you will need to bring.
- For new houses, please check with the ACE staff this summer to find out what is provided.