Reform Leaders' Summit
The Reform Leaders' Summit is an intensive formation experience designed explicitly for Catholic school supporters. It was developed in response to the recommendation of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
“As the primary educators of their children, parents have the right to choose the school best suited for them. The entire Catholic community should be encouraged to advocate for parental school choice and personal and corporate tax credits, which will help parents to fulfill their responsibility in educating their children.”
The Reform Leaders' Summit aims to equip leaders with the skills and abilities needed to support family rights and equity in education. Each year, we select a cohort of approximately 50 talented leaders who engage in a program consisting of three immersion weekends over the course of 12 months. These immersion weekends are facilitated by a team of moderators including policy makers, school (and school system) leaders, researchers, education entrepreneurs, and funders.
What will participants take away?
- Working relationships with the nation's top educational choice thought-leaders
- An increased understanding of the legal, social, constitutional, political, and moral dimensions of family choice public policy in the United States.
- Firsthand experience of educational choice's impact on families, communities, and educational systems.
- The ability to advocate for family choice public policy in their home states.
Who should apply?
- Graduates of Alliance for Catholic Education Programs
- Catholic School Leaders and Supporters
- Members of School Choice and Parent Advocacy Groups
How much does it cost?
Through the support of a national foundation, the Reform Leaders' Summit is offered at no cost to participants. Funding will be provided for all travel, meals, lodging, and other program expenses.
What is required of participants?
All accepted applicants are expected to fully participate in all three in-person immersion weekends. Additionally, Reform Leaders are expected to complete all pre-immersion readings and engage with their Professional Learning Communities in between in-person meetings.
Reform Leaders will demonstrate intellectual ability, leadership potential, dedication to Catholic education, and a desire to be active in the school choice movement.
The dates for the current 14th Cohort of Reform Leaders are as follows:
- June 17-19, 2022: New Orleans, Louisiana
- January 20-22, 2023: Tampa, Florida
- June 9-11, 2023: Notre Dame, Indiana
The tentative dates for the 15th Cohort of Reform Leaders are as follows:
- June 23-25, 2023: New Orleans, Louisiana
- March 8-10, 2024: Tampa, Florida
- June 7-9, 2024: Notre Dame, Indiana
Apply to the Reform Leaders' Summit
Thank you for your interest in the Reform Leaders' Summit! The application for the 15th Cohort of the Reform Leaders' Summit is now open!
Please reach out to Collin Gortner at email@example.com with any questions.
Request More Information
Subscribe to receive more information on the Reform Leaders' Summit and other news from the PEA.