Reform Leaders' Summit
The Reform Leaders' Summit is an intensive formation experience designed explicitly for Catholic school supporters. It was developed in response to the recommendation of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
“As the primary educators of their children, parents have the right to chose the school best suited for them. The entire Catholic community should be encouraged to advocate for parental school choice and personal and corporate tax credits, which will help parents to fulfill their responsibility in educating their children.”
The Reform Leaders' Summit aims to equip leaders with the skills and abilities needed to support family rights and equity in education. Each year, we select a cohort of approximately 50 talented leaders who engage in a program consisting of three immersion weekends over the course of 12 months. These immersion weekends are facilitated by a team of moderators including policy makers, school (and school system) leaders, researchers, education entrepreneurs, and funders.
What will participants take away?
- Working relationships with the nation's top educational choice thought-leaders
- An increased understanding of the legal, social, constitutional, political, and moral dimensions of family choice public policy in the United States.
- Firsthand experience of educational choice's impact on families, communities, and educational systems.
- The ability to advocate for family choice public policy in their home states.
Who should apply?
- Graduates of Alliance for Catholic Education Programs
- Catholic School Leaders and Supporters
- Members of School Choice and Parent Advocacy Groups
How much does it cost?
Through the support of a national foundation, the Reform Leaders' Summit is offered at no cost to participants. Funding will be provided for all travel, meals, lodging, and other program expenses.
What is required of participants?
All accepted applicants are expected to fully participate in all three in-person immersion weekends. Additionally, Reform Leaders are expected to complete all pre-immersion readings and engage with their Professional Learning Communities in between in-person meetings.
Reform Leaders will demonstrate intellectual ability, leadership potential, dedication to Catholic education, and a desire to be active in the school choice movement.
The format for the 13th Cohort of Reform Leaders is as follows:
- June 18-20, 2021: New Orleans, Louisiana
- January 7-9, 2022: Tampa, Florida
- June 10-12, 2022: Notre Dame, Indiana
This is a fully-funded fellowship, including travel to and from the three immersion weekends, lodging, and meals.
If you have any questions, please contact Iona Popa: email@example.com, 574-631-7273.