Pursuing Achievement Through Higher Education (PATH)
Pursuing Achievement Through Higher Education (PATH) Tucson is dedicated to shepherding all current and alumni students of Santa Cruz and St. John the Evangelist on the path to and through college and to heaven by accompanying them on their educational journeys through tracking, supporting, and coaching. We team with the schools to provide the tools our children need to develop strong character and strengthen their spirituality through each stage of their education in order to help enable their fullest flourishing.
We accomplish this through our four program elements over the course of 11 years:
- PATH Persistence Class
Weekly courses for middle school scholars on developmentally appropriate hard and soft skills needed en route to higher education (ex. organizational skills, choosing the best fit high school, self-advocacy, etc.)
- PATH Rising Summer Experience
Optional 3-summer commitment for rising 6th - 8th graders to experience dynamic academic enrichment, character formation, and college preparation with college students as their teachers
- ND SIP - Notre Dame Scholar Immersion Program
A multi-night experience for participants who completed 3 years of PATH Rising Summer aimed to be a strengthening of community, deepening of knowledge, and an exposure to college contexts
- GPS - Graduate Persistence Support
Counseling to help navigate the journey through high school and post-secondary education (ex. social-emotional counseling, choosing a best fit college, applying for financial aid, securing internships, etc.)
Where We Serve
PATH Tucson serves current students and alumni of Santa Cruz and St. John the Evangelist Catholic Schools. The PATH Rising Summer Program is hosted at St. Augustine Catholic High School.
Helping scholars build healthy mindsets: "I am a hard worker." "School teaches me valuable skills." "I expect to do well in school."
PATH Persistence Class
- "I have learned about how stuff works after we leave middle school...we don't learn about that in other classes."
- "I've learned...that every minute does count no matter what the situation is."
In the '20-'21 school year that was entirely virtual, middle school scholars in PATH Tucson report that they found great value in the course:
PATH Rising Summer Program - Middle School Impact
- "I feel like PATH helped me prepare for my future by gaining a little bit of confidence. [Now I know] that everything might not go your way or as you planned, but you'll still be able to learn, especially from your mistakes."
- "I wouldn't change anything because I feel it has helped me learn a lot and have fun at the same time."
PATH Rising Summer Program - Family Impact
Since our first summer, 99% of families have said they found PATH Summer to be valuable.
- "My child loved the experience, love, and support he got from PATH; he did very well and came out of his shell."
- "My son enjoyed making new friends. We love the structure the teachers represented and how they teach."
PATH Rising Summer Program - Rising Student Teachers Impact
75% are teachers of color (compared to the national average of about 20%)
55% are considering a career in teaching more seriously after teaching with PATH
Rising Student Teacher Testimonials
- "PATH has broadened my perspective on education and teaching."
- "[PATH] tested some of my limits, but it also helped me learn more about myself."
- "I got my most intensive experience with teaching this summer with PATH, and it is safe to say that it is something that I really want to pursue going forward!"
- "I had a chance to stand in solidarity with the students I served. Day in and day out I had a chance to hear their story. It gave me a chance to love my students more."
- "I have a better sense of self-giving service -- both for students and teammates."
PATH Rising Summer Program - Professional Educator Impact
- "Being a part of PATH is a good reminder that no matter how experienced you are as a teacher, there are always areas to grow in and things we can learn."
- "It helped me broaden my perspective and enriched my knowledge in classroom management and lesson strategies."
Calendar and Timeline
- Rising Teacher Internship Onboarding: May 27 - June 7
- PATH Rising Summer Program: June 10 - July 12
Applications for the position of PATH Rising Student Teacher is now open! See below for the application link. Please reach out to email@example.com to learn more and inquire about open positions for the summer in Tucson, AZ!
Thank you for your interest in PATH Tucson! We'd love for you to get more involved in our mission! Volunteer inquiries and application questions can be sent via email to Mireya Lopez.
Current Undergraduate Students
The application window for the Rising Teacher internship has closed, but we may accept additional applications on the a rolling basis. Please reach out to Mireya Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Current Licensed Teachers in Tucson
The Instructional Coach Residency application is now open.
The PATH Rising Summer application for Santa Cruz and St. John the Evangelist students is now open! Click the button below to apply.
High School Students
The LIT (Leader in Training) as a high school student in Tucson application will open March 4.
Make a donation and note "ACE PATH" in the Additional Details box.
Connect on Social Media
The Alliance for Catholic Education has a growing presence in various social circles around the web. We encourage you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and through our other media sites in order to keep up with the latest news, ideas and resources ACE offers. Below are some places you can find us:
Want to learn more about PATH? Please reach out!
Alec Torigian, National Coordinator - email@example.com - 574.631.3438
Mireya Lopez, Graduate Support Program Coordinator (Middle School) - firstname.lastname@example.org - 520.269.2008
Jessica Papariella, Graduate Support Program Coordinator (High School) - email@example.com - 928.853.7021
Sarina Paolillo, College Program Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sibelle Wallace, Administrative Assistant - email@example.com
Ryan Clark, Ph.D., Director, Notre Dame ACE Academies - firstname.lastname@example.org - 574.631.8991