ACE Interns and Ambassadors
Thank you for your interest in our ACE Ambassador & Intern Program.
Applications will open in February 2022.
- Early February - Application available
- Late March - Application deadline
- Early April - Interviews
- Late April - Decision notifications
- Early May - Meet n' Greets
In 2008, the Alliance for Catholic Education piloted an exciting initiative open to all Notre Dame juniors: the ACE Internship. Our internship program, now in its 14th year, attracts students interested in becoming ACE teachers after graduation and eager to work for ACE during their senior years to advance its mission in service to under-resourced Catholic schools.
Drawing on the diverse gifts and experiences of selected participants, these paid internships (3-5 hours per week) will offer challenging work in close collaboration with the ACE team in a variety of areas:
- Raising awareness of ACE’s mission at Notre Dame
- Outreach efforts to local and national Catholic schools
- Research, analysis, marketing, & public relations
- Opportunities for personal, professional, communal, and spiritual growth
Interns will work closely with the ACE team on meaningful projects. Therefore, we seek rising seniors who wish to serve as ACE teachers after graduation and commit to do so as the first step of their internships. Application for the internship will thus include conditional acceptance to ACE Teaching Fellows.
Meet the Interns
In 2017, the Alliance for Catholic Education piloted an exciting opportunity open to all college juniors, not currently enrolled at Notre Dame: the ACE Ambassadors Program. Our ambassadors program empowers selected students to sustain and transform Catholic schools, while also offering conditional acceptance into ACE Teaching Fellows following graduation.
During their senior years, ambassadors work together, alongside the broader ACE community, to share ACE’s mission with fellow undergraduates on their respective campuses. To carry out these paid outreach efforts, our ambassadors receive support from the ACE team in a variety of ways:
- Cost-free trip to ND’s campus for ACE Ambassadors Institute in July
- Monthly ACE Ambassador team conversations by Zoom Call
- Campus visits by ACE Pastoral team members
- Opportunities for personal, professional, and spiritual growth
ACE Ambassadors are offered a unique and formative additional year in the ACE Teaching Fellows experience. Therefore, we seek rising college seniors who wish to serve as ACE teachers after graduation and commit to do so as the first step of their ambassadorships.
Meet the Ambassadors
ACE Intern & Ambassador Application
Thanks for your interest in becoming an ACE Ambassador or ACE Intern! Applications will open in February 2022.
The application consists of three parts:
Part 1: Online Application
- Biographical & Educational Info
- Program Upload
- Updated Resume
Part 2: Unofficial Transcript
Please upload your unofficial transcript to your ACE Application.
Part 3: Four reference letters
You will need to obtain references from 2 professors, 1 peer, and 1 rector, residence hall director, campus minister, or service project leader who can attest to your success in living and working in a community atmosphere. Reference letters, which are requested directly through the application, require the following:
- An evaluation of the five dispositions successful ACE Teachers possess (Zeal, Coachability, Persistence, Servant Leadership, & Hunger for Spiritual Growth)
- A letter of reference